We're Moved In!
- Dean Rudy Hasl Cuts the ribbon on the new TJSL
- Dean Hals Welcomes the Guests
- The Ribbon-Cutting Drew a good crowd
- The New TJSL
- 3rd Floor Classroom Hallway
- Large Classroom - 3rd Floor
- Student Lounge - 5th Floor (Photo by Jackie Loza)
- Spiral Staircase - the "Yellow Brick Road"
Dean Rudy Hasl cut the ribbon on Thomas Jefferson School of Law’s new Downtown Campus on Monday January 17.
“It is truly an extraordinary facility that was three years in the making,” Dean Hasl told the crowd of students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of TJSL who attended the event. “This new facility is a resource for the entire San Diego area, not just the East Village.”
Everyone stayed for an open house and tours of the new building, which drew raves from everyone.
“It’s appropriate to share our achievements on this day honoring Dr. Martin Luther King”, Dean Hasl told the audience, noting that "47% of TJSL’s Spring 2011 entering class are students of color who will add to the diversity of the law school and the legal profession.”
Classes begin on Tuesday Morning, January 18.
“This is a transformative event for Thomas Jefferson School of Law and also for this region – we are now an architectural highlight on the city skyline,” said Dean Hasl.
It’s a new era for TJSL and for legal education.