Admissions Requirements for LL.M. in International Trade & Investment and American Legal Studies
Thomas Jefferson does not provide conditional admission to its programs. In order to apply to the program LL.M., you must complete and submit the following information:
- Please complete and submit an LLM application.
Fall Admission – August start
- Must submit application by June 1st
Spring Admission – January start
- Must submit application by November 1st
- Fall Admission – August start
- Application Fee - $50
An official and English translated and evaluated copy of your transcripts. – Students are encouraged to submit their transcripts to the Law School Admission Council (LSAC - www.lsac.org) or the World Education Services (WES - www.wes.org). You must have your transcripts evaluated and sent to us. In most instances, to have your transcripts evaluated may take up to 5 weeks.
NOTE – you must have your transcript sent to an outside evaluation company who will not only translate your transcript to English (if necessary), but will also evaluate the degree and grade equivalency to the US grading system. Transcripts not formally evaluated by an outside company will not be accepted.
- A resume.
- A personal statement / statement of interest. The statement should be generally 2-3 pages double spaced.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- LSAT – An LSAT score is not required for the LLM program.
- Interview – All students will be required to interview. Interviews may be done in person or via Skype.
TOEFL score - Average test scores:
- 92 (internet based);
- 240 (computer based);
- 590 (paper based)
IETLS score – Average test scores:
- (6.5) Reading
- (6.5) Writing
- (6.0) Listening
- (6.0) Speaking
NOTE – if you received your college / university degree from a foreign school, you are required to submit a TOEFL, regardless of citizenship or residency, unless you seek permission to waive the requirement. To waive the requirement, you must request a telephone or SKYPE (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home) meeting with an admissions counselor.
- TOEFL score - Average test scores:
Applicants applying to either the LL.M. program in International Trade and Investment or American Legal Studies should submit all application documents to the following:
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
c/o Michelle Allison – Residential LL.M.
1155 Island Avenue
San Diego, CA