Super Bowl XLVI (46) was a closely fought game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. Saving readers an exhaustive recap on the football game, here are some fascinating, some outright shocking facts related to the Super Bowl experience.
• NBC has announced the average T.V. ad price- $3.5 million per 30-second spot, $100k per second.
• The average ticket to attend Super Bowl 46 was $4,000.
• During the game, Americans were expected to consume 1.25 billion chicken wings (100 million pounds) which is five percent of the total expected chicken wing consumption for all of 2012, according to the National Chicken Council.
• Eight million pounds of popcorn to be consumed, 28 million pounds of potato chips, 26 million avocados and 49 million cases of beer.
• The NFL does not award a stadium to host the Super Bowl if the city has an average temperature below 50 degrees on the game-day date, unless in a dome or stadium with a retractable roof.
• 26 of 45 Super Bowls have been played in Miami, Los Angeles and New Orleans.
• On average, six percent of the U.S. workforce are expectd to call out the Monday following the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, classes at the law school were held as usual.