Why should Thomas Jefferson School of Law be the school of choice for active duty service members, veterans and military spouses? We are dedicated to supporting those who serve or have served in numerous ways, including:
- Our academic policies meet the needs of active duty service members and those transitioning out of military service. We offer both full-time and part-time enrollment (as well as the opportunity to switch between the two) and welcome entering classes in both the spring and the fall semesters.
- We have a large and vibrant community of military spouses, active duty service members and veteran students and alums. Our culture reflects an understanding of the unique experiences and career goals of students with a military connection, and we have an on-campus chapter of Student Veterans of America.
- We pride ourselves on our generous participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which has allowed scores of TJSL student veterans to earn a law degree without paying for tuition.
- We offer generous merit scholarships for military spouses and current active duty service members.
- We offer a Veterans Legal Assistance Clinic that partners with Veterans Village of San Diego, a residential rehabilitation program that helps homeless veterans get back on their feet. We also offer a Veterans Self-Help Clinic that provides legal assistance and guidance to veterans who are representing themselves in legal matters.