TJSL Community at CLA/CJA Conference and Gala
September 21, 2022
California Lawyers Association held their meeting in San Diego last week and many of our alumni, students, and faculty were in attendance for both the meeting and gala held on Saturday night! Sabrina Green (2002) was sworn in as Chair and Jeremy Evans (2011) took the oath as President. SDCBA, represented by President David Majchrzak (2002), President-Elect Melissa Johnson (1996), and Brenda Lopez (2011) among others, received the Exceptional Organization of the Year award.
Many members of our community presented during the conference itself:
- Assistant Dean Michelle Allison-Slaughter presented on Friday on Building a Workplace Filled with Superheroes
- Adjunct Professor Frantz Farreau was a speaker on Inclusivity and Belonging for the Legal Profession
- Adjunct Prof Dan Lawton was a speaker on Strategies and Helpful Practices for Taking and Defending Depositions.
- Kristen Roberts (2010) was a speaker for 3 Tips for Hiring Excellent Employees so you can Retain the Good Ones and Protect your Business from the Bad Ones
- Adrieannette Ciccone (2013) was a speaker on A Nation in Retrograde
Congratulations to those honored and those who presented!