This year’s Barristers Ball held at Petco Park on Saturday, March 28 was a huge success.
“The venue was absolutely breathtaking,” said SBA Social Events Director Michelle Ribaudo. “It was fun watching everyone walk onto the field and gaze around at the vast and open stadium in awe. The ambiance of the event was light and fun and the night was filled with great tunes provided by The Innocent Bystanders.”
The Barristers Ball is SBA’s annual awards ceremony honoring students, faculty, staff and alumni. It is an opportunity for everyone to come together and celebrate achievements in a fun and formal setting.
“This year’s Barristers Ball went above and beyond expectations, thanks to the hard work of many, but in particular Michelle Ribaudo who spent countless hours communicating with the venue and vendors to ensure the night went off without a hitch,” said Student Bar Association President Katie Smith. “It was wonderful to have so many professors present and actively involved in the evening.”
Throughout the evening, awards were handed out for:
- 1L Professor of the Year of the Year: Professor William Slomanson
- 2L Professor of the Year: Professor Marybeth Herald
- 3L Professor of the Year: Professor Brenda Simon
- Adjunct Faculty Member of the Year: Professor Karen Harkins
- Staff Member of the Year: Jody La Salle
- Student Organization President of the Year: Rose Kabir
- Student Appreciation Award: Lauren Audette
- SBA Appreciation Award: Phil Shapiro ‘85
- Lewis and Clark Award for Innovation and Dedication: Professor Lilys McCoy
- Thomas Golden Alumnus of the Year Award: Eric Ganci ‘08
- Charles T. Bumer Civil Libertarian Award: Daven Raj Ghandhi
“I would like to give a special thanks to all of our sponsors for their donations,” said Social Events Director Ribaudo. “The students who dedicated their time to help ensure the night ran smoothly, and to all of our guests, all of whom made the night a success!
Photos courtesy of Picture Bakery.