TJSL Halloween Hoopla
- Zipper-Faced Patty Ramert (1st place costume winner)
- Captain Jack Sparrow AKA Carrie Kazyaka
- Pirate Girl Catherine Deane
- Bride of Frankenstein Barbie AKA Burgandy Hosbein
- Pirate Captain Jan Hedlun
- L to R: Jan Hedlun, Burgandy Hosbein, Patty Ramert and Catherine Deane
- Scottish Torin Andrews
- President "O" AKA Tim Spearman
- Associate Director of Admissions Michelle Allison’s 6 week old son, Aaron
- Associate Director of Admissions Michelle Allison Slaughter, Husband Sean and 6 week old son, Aaron
- Associate Director of Admissions Michelle Allison Slaughter and 6 week old son, Aaron
- Professor Joy Delman and Class Dance Gangnam Style
- Eyeball Salad
- Deviled Egg Eyes
- Finger Food?
The people, and well, zombies who attended TJSL’s annual Halloween Potluck had a devilishly good time.
“Ghoulish,” said Dean Rudy Hasl of the spectacle of costumes and fantastic food in the 8th floor boardroom.
A sampling ― there were “deviled eyeballs,” finger food (literally), and eye ball salad, along with more traditional dishes like chili, meatballs, quiche and sushi.
And there were several heart-stopping costumes such as Patty Ramert’s zipper-faced zombie, Jamie Simmons’ bloody Dr. E. Gore, or Burgandy Hosbein’s Bride of Frankenstein Barbie.
Professor Julie-Cromer Young looked the part of a 1950’s housewife, while Torin Andrews wore traditional highland regalia complete with kilt. Jan Hedlun was a pirate captain while Catherine Deane was a stylish pirate girl. Donna Gehlken was equally stylish in a black leather costume reminiscent of Catherine Zeta-Jones in the movie “Van Helsing.” Carrie Kazyaka walked the 6th floor deck as Captain Jack Sparrow. And while all this wacky stuff was happening upstairs, Professor Joy Delman and her class danced around the room Gangnam Style in her International Bioethics class!
The biggest “awwwww” costume had to go to Associate Director of Admissions Michelle Allison’s 6 week old son, Aaron, who was cuter than the pumpkin outfit he was wearing.
“I would like to take a moment to thank everyone involved in helping make this year’s potluck a wonderful success,” said Executive Assistant to the Dean Jan Dauss who was one of the event organizers.
Congratulations to all of this year’s Pot Luck Winners!
1st Place Individual Costume: Patty Ramert / Zipper Face
2nd Place Individual Costume: Jamie Simmons / Dr. E. Gore
Best Entrée: Ali Emami / Crockpot Beef
Best Dessert: Burgandy Hosbein / Eyeball Salad