The SBA Torch is Passed from the Outgoing to the Incoming Board
- New SBA President Isaiah Artest (2L) with Dean Hasl and Past President Gabe Baldini (3L)
- The Old and the New SBA Board and Committee Chairs
- Dean Hasl Thanks the Outgoing SBA Board and Welcomes the New Board
- Incoming and Outgoing SBA Officers gather on the 8th floor in the conference room
- Gabriel Baldini, Asst. Dir. Student Services Angela Bayne, Dir.Student Services Lisa Ferreira and Isaiah Artest
- Having some fun on the 8th floor terrace
Now in its second year, the passing of the torch from the outgoing to the incoming Student Bar Association board has become a tradition at TJSL.
“We hope you can work together to create a smooth transition,” said Student Services Director Lisa Ferreira at the ceremony, held in the 8th floor board room on May 1.
The new SBA president is 2L Isaiah Artest, who thanked the current SBA board and president Gabe Baldini and said he is “looking forward to the challenge.”
Baldini jokingly said he didn’t know what he was getting himself into when he became SBA president last year, and that Artest is about to find out. Baldini also thanks his SBA team, saying “I can’t say enough about our board and they job they did.”
“It’s important you get the recognition for the work you do,” Dean Rudy Hasl said to all of the student leaders.
He also had a big announcement to make: the negotiations have just been completed for the lease on TJSL’s new café, which will be located just off the main lobby. The Dean said the company running the café is called Catering by Giuseppe and will feature food stations as well as a full-service restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating.
“It’s really going to be an enhancement to TJSL,” said Dean Hasl.
The ceremony ended with the new president Isaiah Artest introducing all of the members of his new SBA board as well as the committee chairs.
Here is the 2013-2014 Student Bar Association Board