Competition Rules/Judge's Score Sheet & "General Facts" for Rounds One (1) & Two (2), and the Final Round:
- Revised Competition Rules & Judge's Score Sheet
- Rules Clarifications
- Revised Room Assignments
- General Orientation for Judges
- Round One with Confidential Facts
- Round One - Judges' Specifics
- Round One - Evaluation Sheets
- Round One - Ranking Sheets
- Round One - Timekeeper Sheets
- Round Two with Confidential Facts
- Round Two - Judges' Specifics
- Round Two - Evaluation Sheets
- Round Two - Ranking Sheets
- Round Two - Timekeeper Sheets
- Final Round with Confidential Facts
- Final Round - Judges' Specifics
- Final Round - Evaluation Sheets
- Final Round - Ranking Sheets
- Law schools may register one or two teams of two competitors each by completing the registration form and paying the $500.00 registration fee per team. Registration is open until sold out. The $500.00 registration fee includes: admission to the Friday Sports Law Conference at the Law School, the Padres game Suites at Petco Park, the Competition and Awards Ceremony at the Law School, the Saturday night Gaslamp Quarter Mixer, and access to the Final Rounds of the Competition. For traveling coaches and advisors, there is a $60.00 fee that includes the above events. The $60.00 price is not open to the public, but only for traveling coaches and advisors for competing teams. See price scale on the NSLNC website for student and public Sports Law Conference admission.
- Each visiting team will have a Thomas Jefferson School of Law representative assigned to the team who will be available via email, phone, etc., for questions and concerns before and during the competition. These representatives will be current Thomas Jefferson School of Law students.
Competition Registration fee of $500.00 for two competitors includes:
Sports Law Conference 2013 presented by the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Center for Sports Law & Policy, Friday, 9/20/13, 11:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Luxurious Suite for Padres v. Dodgers baseball game, Friday, 9/20/13, 6:15 p.m., food and refreshments included. New Campus tour option before the game. (Tickets to the game need to be picked up during check-in, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., in the Thomas Jefferson School of Law lobby, at the security desk).
PETCO PARK address:
100 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101, P 619.795.5000
- Preliminary Rounds on Saturday, 9/21/13, 8:30 a.m. - 4:50 p.m. at the Law School in various sports topics. (ALL Negotiations will focus on various sports issues beyond salary negotiations, but may include salary negotiations).
Roof-top Ceremony, Awards Presentation, and Announcement of the Four Finalist Teams (light refreshments served), Saturday, 9/21/13, 5:05 p.m. - 6:05 p.m., at the Law School.
Gaslamp Mixer, Saturday, 9/21/13, 9:00 p.m. (528 F Street, San Diego, CA 92101, corner of 6th and F Street):
The Gaslamp Mixer will occur at the Double Deuce, open from 9:00 p.m. to Close. Free VIP line and no cover from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Beverage specials all night. Simply say "Thomas Jefferson School of Law" or "National Sports Law Negotiation Competition" at the door and while inside. If any issues or problems, please ask for Ryan O'Leary, Manager.
Championship Final Rounds, Sunday, 9/22/13, 9:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., Moot Court Room, 2nd Floor, at the Law School.Final Round Judges
Dean, President, and Professor of LawThomas Jefferson School of Law
Professor of LawFormer Dean of Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Distinguished Professor of LawDirector, Center for Sports Law and PolicyFormer President of Southern Virginia University, Former Dean of the following law schools: Capital University, the University of Montana, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, and University of Memphis
Thomas Jefferson School of Law will not be competiting in the Competition. However, all Thomas Jefferson School of Law students are encouraged to volunteer to help with the Competition and Conference by emailing NSLNC@tjsl.edu. All students and guests are encouraged to attend the Conference and Saturday night social activities.
- Law School Address: 1155 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Director: Jeremy M. Evans, Esq. '11 (NSLNC@tjsl.edu)
Sports Law Advisor: Randy M. Grossman, Esq. '94
Alumni Advisor: Brandon Leopoldus, Esq. '10
Center for Sports Law & Policy Advisor: Professor Rodney K. Smith
ADR Advisor: Professor Paul Spiegelman
Special Assistants to the Director:
Samuel Ehrlich, J.D. Candidate at Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Jonathan Stahler, J.D. Candidate at Thomas Jefferson School of Law