NSLNC is returning Spring 2019!
More than 25 law schools will send teams to compete in the 2018-19 competition. We hope to hold a lottery for one or two additional slots that can be filled by second teams. Watch your e-mail for more details.
History & Vision of the National Sports Law Negotiation Competition
The annual National Sports Law Negotiation Competition (NSLNC) is hosted and organized by the Center for Sports Law & Policy (CSLP) at Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California, every September.
The NSLNC was created by sports and academic professionals with law students in mind as they enter the legal community. The NSLNC’s purpose is to give back to law students a great experience, competition, and place to meet like minds in the sports law industry. Our mission is to provide the sports profession with able and ready legal minds through negotiation competition training.
The fact patterns for the Competition are modeled toward current issues in the sports industry. Student competitors negotiate select fictional disputes in an academic setting in front of a panel of judges. The fact patterns negotiated allow students to focus on more than one area of sports law, including: contract negotiation, trading of players, salary demands, endorsement contracts, athlete and sports professionals family and personal issues, intellectual property, and more.
It is our hope that you enjoy the yearly competition weekend, which includes a weekend of social activities, the competition, and of course meeting future lawyers, agents, current sports professionals, and judicial officers from across this great Country, and the World, in America’s finest city, San Diego, California.
See Past Articles About the NSLNC:
- Legal Sidelines: National Sports Law Negotiation Competition
- Successful Fifth Annual National Sports Law Negotiation
- Everything you wanted to know about the National Sports Law Negotiation Competition
- 2015 National Sports Law Negotiation Competition
- 2015 National Sports Law Negotiation Competition will run from September 25 through September 27
- Successful National Sports Law Negotiation Competition & Sports Law Conference
- Upcoming National Sports Law Negotiation Competition & Sports Law Conference
- Excitement Builds for TJSL Sports Law Negotiation Competition
- Sports Law Negotiation Competition & Symposium a Major League Success
- Inaugural NSLNC Scores Big Win with Participants
- National Sports Law Negotiation Competition & Symposium (NSLNC) 2011
“Your team did an awesome job...just wanted to say thank you!”
Joshua Igeleke, Jr.
J.D./MBA Candidate, May 2014
William S. Boyd School of Law
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
“It was a great weekend and I really enjoyed myself and appreciate the hospitality. Looking forward to coming back next year.”
Juris Doctorate Candidate 2015
Florida A & M University College of Law
“I was a judge for the competition on Saturday and the competition was highly organized and well-run.”
Professor of Law
Thomas Jefferson School of Law